“But you couldn’t. You wouldn’t. Not after what we’ve just done.”
– Rosie Carver
“I certainly wouldn’t have killed you before.”
– James Bond
From the 1973 James Bond film, “Live and Let Die.”
If you’re a James Bond fan, like I am, then this round of Collabor88 is right up your alley. With a focus on all things intrigue and mystery, the theme of “Espionage” took this month’s designers in many different directions.
Hucci helped inspire me to recreate the look of a famous, but not always remembered, Bond girl. In the 1973 Bond film, “Live and Let Die,” Rosie Carver was a fictional CIA (double) agent who also worked for Bond’s nemesis: Kanaga. Played by Gloria Hendry, Rosie Carver was Bond’s first on-screen, African-American love interest.
Interestingly, the character of Rosie Carver was initially written as a white woman. The main love interest of the film, Solitaire (played by Jane Seymour), was original written as a black women. I suppose, and this is just me guessing, the producers felt it was “safer” and more acceptable for the times to reverse the casting of those characters.
Notwithstanding the legendary exploits of Ian Fleming’s James Bond, the current round of Collabor88 can help you create your own exploits of mayhem and espionage.
Hucci has released this killer of a dress, Sydney. It is fitted mesh for Slink and Maitreya and comes in 15 colors. Demos are available. 88L each or 788L for the collection.
Add on Hucci’s Bristow Sandal to make the outfit complete! The sandal is made to fit Slink and Maitreya– high feet only. Demos are available and the shoe comes in 15 colors. 88L each or 788L for the fatpack.
Tagging along with Hucci this month is Iconic. Nothing exudes mystery more than a hair style from Iconic. Check out the rigged, mesh hair, Kensiya. I am wearing colors from the Bombshells pack. Single color packs are 228L to 488L, with ombres and other special packs on the higher end. Want it all? Get the fatpack for 2188L.
- skin: pic #1- rosie/natural big cleavage, caramel / pic #2 – primeria/natural cleavage, sunkissed by meghindo’s
- lips: pic #2 – naomi lipstick, red and brown by meghindo’s
- hair: pic #1 – jaxon, jet black by aibeat (hair base included) / pic #2 – kensiya (fit 2), bombshells by iconic *new, available at collabor88*
- hairbase: next gen reup, light brown by iconic
- props and poses: get your gun by juxtapose
- mesh attachments: slink hourglass mesh body, slink elegant hands and slink high mesh feet