FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Do you buy the fashions and other items shown in your blog posts?
For posts that feature fashion or related accessories from designers that I work with, those items are often provided as courtesy, blogger and/or review copies. Please see my Featured Designers page for more info.
In addition, I am a member of several in-world blogger groups through which I occasionally receive review copies.
For all other fashions and related items, I buy them on my own. This can include purchases from monthly events (think Uber or C88), weekly events (think FLF) or mainstore purchases as advertised through in-world and subscriber groups. Trust me, I spend a GOOD AMOUNT of money on SL fashion.
2. Do you accept review copies?
The short answer is yes! Review copies are fine.
As a practice, I don’t request review copies because I don’t want to feel pressured. Blogging takes a lot of time and I blog on my schedule. I like what I like. I blog what I like. Period.
With that said, here are few “rules of the road” to adhere to when sending review copies my way:
- ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS send me a notecard and/or an IM. I can’t tell you how many times I have received a box or folder of items… and that was it. Makes it hard for me to blog items if (1) I don’t know who sent them and (2) I don’t know why it was sent. The notecard can be sent either with the blogger pack or on its own.
- If your item is time-sensitive, please tell me so. Knowing if the item is a limited edition, special event item or even something else if helpful. I can place a higher priority on reviewing, and possibly blogging, your item.
- If I don’t blog your item as soon as I receive it, don’t be upset. There could be a ton of reasons. Perhaps the item received is not my style. Maybe you didn’t include any relevant information about the item. Also, I may have not gotten to it. But, I might still blog it. Ya never know!
- Finally, please don’t expect for any or everything to be blogged. This is my lil piece of the blogosphere. I like to maintain control over my space and will do so fiercely. All I ask is that you respect me and the choices I make regarding my blog.